21 April 2022
Senior Finance Manager, US (based in Chicago)
- Great opportunity with fast growing global plant-based foods start-up
- Key Business Partner working closely with CEO and Senior Leadership
- Unique opportunity to be involved in full spectrum scope including but not limited to Commercial, Strategy, Finance, HR and General Management
- Suitable calibres may even be extended the possibility to support CFO in Investor-Related and Fund Raising topics
About the Company
At Next Gen Foods, we believe a new era of food is coming. An era where we are actively thinking about how we eat, how our food impacts our health and the planet, and that is more delicious than ever before. We don’t want anyone to have to change what they eat; we just want to innovate how we produce and procure our favorite foods. And that’s where uniquely inventive food tech and the explosive power of
plants comes in.
That’s the ethos behind Next Gen Foods, and we’re going big with our very first brand: TiNDLE. Ridiculously good chicken made from plants. Launched in 2020 and already being savored around the globe, TiNDLE is a dining experience that will make you wonder why we ever needed birds to make chicken. On top of its unparalleled taste and texture, TiNDLE has the pan-cuisine versatility that chefs look for— which not a lot of big-name chicken producers can claim.
TiNDLE is just the start of Next Gen Foods’ mission of plant-based food innovation. We attribute our success to the expertise of our team, our unparalleled R&D know-how, and our unwavering commitment to making food better without compromises. As we expand our global footprint, we are always looking to grow our team with best in class talent. That could be you! Read on.
Next Gen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Work directly with CEO and Senior Leadership Team based on US on finance and other topics
- Conduct commercial and financial contract reviews/due diligence advise on accounting treatment and ensuring this is well communicated and understood by stakeholders prior to entering contract
- Responsible in monthly accounting closing to ensure accurate and timely submission for reporting purpose and accounting is in compliance US GAAP and international financial accounting standards
- Business planning, budgeting and forecasting (FP&A) , including tracking of spendings against Budget
- Providing analysis and insight, linking financial information to business strategies; contributing to key decision making by
modeling business cases whenever necessary
- Work with Sales and Marketing departments to support pricing and profitability, and develop analyses/reports to evaluate sales
performance for business unit, brand, and item profitability
- Provide value as Finance Partner to customers, vendors and their finance team, ensuring timely reconciliation of payments, marketing support etc.
- Drive process efficiencies and foster a culture of sharing best practices
- Support HQ and engage on HR related topics for US employees
- Develop Management or Investor Presentation Materials whenever required
- Other ad-hoc activities as we are a start-up so it may not be possible to define job scope end to end
- Suitable calibres may even be mentored to support investor relations management
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting 7-15 years of financial experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Agile, versatile, entrepreneurial, can-do personality with high business acumen who gets energized by engaging in wide spectrum of topics
- Demonstrated capability to meet strict deadlines with a high level of ownership and strong sense of urgency
- Prior ERP Implementation an advantage
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity to join a dynamic start up environment led by a visionary management team.
- Fast paced learning curve for willing learners.
- Fun and energetic team.
- Excellent career progression development opportunities in a company expected to scale rapidly.
- Opportunities to influence and initiate strategic changes to the business.